Friday, November 2, 2007

Today

I've (mostly) enjoyed my day - though work is RIDICULOUS at the moment, I'm at least not working on Fridays. My pocketbook is hurting, but the extra day off is absolutely worth it. I staggered out of bed at around 8:30, watched a DVR'd episode of the X-Files, had a leisurely breakfast of coffee and the Greek yogurt from Trader Joe's and then went to the Doctor's at 11:30.

My Doctora is new & I like her (she was wearing amazing boots today that I covet - delicious knee-high chocolate brown leather. Oh my God.) I've had a lingering problem that my old Doc couldn't resolve - Doctora made a suggestion today that in retrospect seems quite obvious and I'm now annoyed afresh at the old Doc for his seeming ineptitude.

I also decided that I'm buying all my drugs online from Canada - had I bought everything prescribed to me from the pharmacy, it would have cost $270, $120 of which would be for an allergy drug I should refill MONTHLY. This same drug is available both OTC AND in generic in Canada for $20. Grrr.

Post-doctora, I went to the grocery store and Trader Joes's. I like grocery shopping by myself in the middle of a weekday. I'm free to space out, obsess over what type of salad dressing or wine to buy in the relative desolation of the aisles.

Once home, I cuddled with my cats and played online. (un)Exciting though it may sound, it was actually a very pleasant and peaceful day - pharmaceutical rage notwithstanding. Boyfriend got home around 5:30, whereupon we watched oodles of basketball (sadly, the Suns lost - but the Pistons won), ate a delicious dinner of salmon & salad and then polished off a bottle of champagne. Excellent.

No comments: